I mainly wear contact lenses
If you have mainly been a contact lens wearer, you may be suitable for Laser refractive surgery. You will need to have a full assessment to determine if you could be contact lens free! In order for us to get your eyes into their best shape (and to ensure our surgery measurements are accurate), it’s important that you don’t wear your contacts 3-4 days before an appointment. You can wear your glasses during this time.
For your assessment:
• Allow 1 hour of your time
• Wear your glasses
• Leave your soft contact lenses out for at least 3-4 days prior
• Leave RGP/hard contacts/Ortho-K lenses out for at least 2-3 weeks prior
• Bring sunglasses: your eyes will be sensitive to the light and glare afterwards
• Do not drive after the assessment as your pupils will be dilated
During the assessment we use eye drops which will dilate your pupils. This effect can last up to 24 hours. Reading vision will be blurry for 3-4 hours.
Contact us today to focus on you, not your contacts.